The Franchise Institute is committed to protecting your privacy. We understand that visitors and users of this website may be concerned about their privacy and the confidentiality and security of any information that is provided to us. This Privacy Statement details how we generally manage your personal information and safeguard your privacy.
We may collect information about you where it is necessary for us to perform our functions. The information we collect about you depends on how and why you access our website, the information you choose to provide to us, and the types of information and services you request from us.
if you visit our website to browse, read or download information, our system may record anonymous information about the visit such as the number of pages visited and the duration of the visit so we can evaluate site usage to make improvements. Your identity cannot be reasonably ascertained from this information.
If you communicate directly with us via e-mail, complete one of our online forms, or use one of our other interactive tools, some of the information that you submit may be personal information (that is, information from which you can be identified, such as your full name, street address, e-mail address, phone number, and so on).
If you choose to provide your personal information to us, it may be used in order to:
- contact you in respect of a query you made;
- provide the services that you require and ensure our site is relevant to your needs;
- deliver services such as email bulletins (if you have requested them);
- answer your requests and queries;
- research and develop our products and services;
- gain an understanding of your needs in order to provide a better service;
- promote and market our services;
- protect our intellectual property and ownership rights, or
- fulfil any legal requirements.
We may disclose your personal information to other organisations (for example our service providers) to enable us to provide the services you have requested, or as otherwise permitted by law.